Thanksgiving is official kick off of the holiday season. This is when family and friends get together to give thanks for another year, and commiserate with each other. What follows is a parade of holiday parties and dinners until New Year’s day.
- When attending the festivities, I respect the host by attending in suit and tie unless they specify otherwise.
- In many cases if the gathering less formal, asking the host what he or she would like you wear or bring is the correct protocol. Sometimes a bottle of wine will, or will not be appropriate unless, you are told what type and brand to bring.
- The thought of flowers is also is not recommended again, and or unless you are aware of the host desires.
- Don’t be afraid to inquire is to communicate with the host, and get their input.
- Remember normally these are occasions where many age groups will attend, and it will behoove you to understand that it will be generally more socially interactive then many events.
- Do not take it upon yourself to invite others to this or any event, unless you have received permission from the host.There is always a protocol for visitation, and it should be followed. Sometimes they are only prepared for a fixed number of guest, and this could cause them a modicom of distress. - Carl”Sweetwater”Johnson